Thursday, May 31, 2012

This Years Plans

Well, as you may know, yesterday I turned 29. It was a good birthday - I had a couple friends from Oregon here visiting for the week prior to my birthday so we drove all around Southern Alberta and they got to see the country and we all visited and it was fun times.

But, it got me thinking about the fact that next year I am turning the big 3-0. I decided I am going to make a list of things that I want to do/accomplish in the next year so that I don't just keep putting things off for the rest of my life. I have a few ideas about things I want on this list already, but I want some input from you guys - what do you think are good things to try to do in the next year or so. I am already planning to go somewhere awesome on vacation with my Mom again - somewhere tropical (not sure where yet - suggestions for that are good as well). I also have some health goals in mind - exercising and eating better and all that. But I want other things. Like specific books I should read or things I should make or learn how to do or places I should go (that are close - I can only go on one huge holiday you guys, I'm not made of money) or people I should meet or ... well anything! What do you think? I want all suggestions, nothing is too extreme or out there (I of course reserve the right to not put any of them on the list lol). Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Can't wait to hear what you all think I should do with the next year of my life.

1 comment:

Carmellia said...

Way to go Mandi!
I think you should let me book you the trip of a lifetime. My suggestion would be to go on a cruise. REALLY! We have been on 4 to date and going again in November. We have seen the Mexican Riviera (twice), Alaska, and The Western Caribbean. November is Eastern Caribbean. Reason for a cruise is you unpack one and get to go see many different ports and countries in one week. An mini experience of countries. If there is an ocean,there is a port. Your cruise is an exceptional value! Really. Room, meals and entertainment are included. And your treated like Royalty! Yeah, add a cruise to your "30" Bucketlist. Also,I suggest that you join the Covenant Health Dragon Boat team for this summer. Will be to late for next summer as you will already be 30.
More suggestions:
Camping at Writing on Stone Provincial Park.
Camping at Drumheller.
Do a "Tour Alberta Backroads"trip! Really kewl!
Volunteer with Special Olympics! (Way awesome)
Go Para-sailing. (Can do that on a cruise)
Go Snorkeling or take up scuba diving. (Can do that on a cruise as well).
And bestest of all: Be yourself and enjoy the end of this decade!!!