Monday, November 08, 2010

Updates on Project Statii

Statii is the plural of status, right? Oh well, moving on.

I have been super busy trying to work on crafting. I am trying to knit this thing for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas and so I keep making sure I work on that - it is slow coming. I started it and almost made the whole thing last year but I didn't have a pattern and I was just kinda smashing a bunch of patterns together and I didn't check gauge (I never ever do) and it was HUGE. So recently I found a pattern that is almost perfect (it needs a bit of tweaking, but it is way closer than the other one I had) so I started it and it is going really well so far. I did the whole back panel before I finally broke down and actually ripped the first version out. It hurts me to rip out knitting that I worked so long and hard on, but since I have what looks like a suitable replacement it made it easier. Also, I needed the yarn. Lol. I hope it turns out okay. Especially since it is a vest and so it needs to fit her, and it is hard to fit something to someone you haven't seen in a year and a half (and now I hope she doesn't read my blog or she will know what she is getting for Christmas ... oh well I guess) Luckily this pattern is ribbed so it will still fit decent on a variety of body sizes. At least that is the hope.

Another crafty thing I am working on is a jacket. You see, a few years ago I was 'Penelope' for Halloween (if you haven't seen this movie, you should, it is WAY cute). I was planning to make this jacket she wears so I bought fabric and a pattern, but then it got too close and I knew I wouldn't have time, so I didn't do it. I just recently found the fabric again (I forgot I had it!) but I had lost the pattern. Then two days ago, I found the pattern. Huzzah! I think I am going to make it. I was originally going to add red cording to it to make it similar to the original, but now I think I will leave that off. I might do some red buttons or something, but that is the extent of it. I am excited. I am not so good at using patterns, but my roommate is so she will be able to explain the stuff I don't get to me. It might turn out crappy though, so you will only get to see a pic if it turns out okay. :)

Other than that I am slowly working on NaNo. This is hard because when my roommate is doing her crafty things and watching a movie I can't write unless I go in the other room. So usually I will end up working on the other things I am doing because then I won't have to concentrate or ask her to turn it off and be bored and I don't have to be anti-social. Luckily I usually have a chunk of time between when I get off work and when she does, so I try to do it during that time. I haven't much, but I can catch up! Lol.

Well, I should go get back to my working on stuff. I have tomorrow off so I hopefully will make progress on a few of them - of course, I have a lot of shows on Hulu that I need to catch up on, so I might get NO crafting done. We will see. :D

1 comment:

Christy Wheeler said...

I loved penelope... and can't wait to see your jacket