Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trip Time

Basically, I really want to go somewhere or do something that is not be here. My friend and I want to go to Kelly Clarkson on June 11th in Utah - but it is way cheaper to buy 4 tickets than to just buy 2, so we want to find someone else to go with us. Also, I have to check that I can get the time off since my boss will be in Pitt/DC at the time of the concert. I guess I could always find a diff concert to go to but Utah is always nice since I have a bunch a friends and family there so I could kill two birds with one stone so to speak. But I really want to get away. I was thinking about visiting my friend in Texas for a while there, but the other problem is that I am broke and cheap. Gah. Any suggestions on fun things to do/ places to go that aren't too spendy?

In other news, I have been trying to do some editing on my NaNo story, but I keep getting all sidetracked by books that I am reading. First it was the Harry Potter series, which I finished, but then I made the mistake of going to Powell's twice in as many days and buying a total of 5 books (they were almost all sale books and really cheap so I didn't have to spend a lot of money) but now I have all those books calling my name and so I have to try hard to actually edit instead of read. I already finished one of the books though - it is called Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Micheal Reaves. It was really good (and an easy read which is always nice too) and I would recommend it if anyone is looking for something good to read. Maybe I need to find a writing contest with a deadline so that I have a goal date to be done something by to keep me motivated. That doesn't always work ... but it can't hurt to look. We will see.

Anyway, that is all for now - I have to go do some work and then I am taking my car in for an oil change and some other routine maintenance crap. Woo. Lucky me. More money that I get to spend on fun stuff like that. Gah. I have a love hate relationship with money.

No comments: