Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sunday Secrets

What a provocative title, eh? Too bad this isn't going to pan out into anything interesting. I just check the Post Secret website all the time and that is what he titles his new posts.

Anyway, Costa night turned out really good. I only made 2 pounds of the pork, so there weren't a lot of leftovers, so I think next time I am going to make more. Mmmm.

-Break-

And now it is no longer Sunday. See how lazy I am?

As for more info the make this blog not so dull. I had a weird dream a few nights ago. I dreamt that I had a job interview at Merck (where my friend who left my lab went to work), except it was a huge group interview. Seriously, there were like 50 people there! And most of them were these young recent college grads. At the beginning we were all intermingling with the current staff and everyone kept thinking I was part of the staff. Anyway, then we sat down and this woman was giving us instructions and everyone else was talking during the whole thing and fooling around. I felt like I was in a high school english class or something. It was nuts. We were then supposed to go to lunch with the current employees and I asked my friends if I could get a ride with him. That was when I woke up. I am not sure if that means that I am afraid that I am not good enough and I am going to get beat out by some recent college grad or if it means that I think I deserve at job at Merck instead of the rcgs. Whatever. It was interesting anyway. My friend said it was pretty high tech over there and so my mind's adaptation of that was the most interesting part.

This dream reminded me of my 'scary' dream from the holidays. I really want to make that into a good story. I might have to do a bit of editing since the 'big bad wolf' thing isn't really that scary, but I am going to work on it to see if I can make something at least a little tense out of it. Wish me luck.

I have also been reading my story from NaNoWriMo over again so that I can do some editing and let me tell you, it needs a lot of work. And I am only on page 30 or so. Gah. There is a lot more I need to add and change around and stuff like that. It needs work. But I have been distracted from working on it because I started reading the Harry Potter series again. It is so good. I laugh out loud frequently and my roommate thinks I am nuts. She said I was the only person she knew who actually laughed out loud when reading books. But my grandpa does it when he reads comics so I guess it is hereditary. Whatever.

Anyway, I guess I should go. The dishes are calling my name. And the last like ten pages of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Yeah, yeah, I know. Why would I only leave ten pages? I was trying really hard to finish it before FHE, but to no avail. I had to get ready. We were barely on time as it was, if I had finished we def would have been late. And I don't like being late!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, I just wanted you to know that I totaly laugh out loud at books...if they're funny enough

oh...this is emily by the bye