Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater

So, I talked to my mom on the phone today and she told me that my last post was boring, and a long time ago so I have decided to post again. Something better I hope. I was thinking I was going to cheat though and post another excerpt of my novel since I still have nothing interesting to write ... but I have been away from it for so long I am not sure what a good part to post is. Obviously if I am going to do that I am going to have to re-read the thing first. And then I am going to have to do massive editing because I know it is going to suck (which is why I haven't read it yet - I am afraid of the suckiness). Anyway, I plan to do that soon since I want to finish it and then do a lot of editing.

Moving on. The reason that I don't have much to post is that all I do is work. Work work work. I had to do a thing last night that I had to be at work until 1am. Ugh. Then I had to be at work at the usual time this morning. It was fun. It reminded me of my 4am custodial days - barely sleeping, then going to work, then having a nap, then going to work, then barely sleeping, then going to work. Boring. Anyway, I did manage to finish the book I was reading - but now I have to read the next one in the series. It is a trilogy called Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen by Garth Nix. It is really good so far. I just finished the second one. I really like his writing style most of all - it keeps you interested without getting too plot driven and yet there is enough action to not be bored. I think I just repeated myself. Oh well, I hope you get it.

Anyway, so that is all I have been up to lately - reading and working. And sleeping which I love! Love love love! Maybe I will do something interesting this weekend. I know that Sat is supposed to be our Ward talent show which should be interesting. I only know of one talent that someone is doing that I saw on the sign up sheet - this girl is reading and excerpt of the novel that she is writing. And she is a weird girl. We will see how it goes.

Anyway, that is enough for now. I hope this wasn't as boring as the last post (I don't think it was) and I will be posting a cheater post once I start re-reading. You got lucky this time!

3 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

I love Garth Nix! Barlow and I really like the Abhorsen Series I have some the keys the the kingdom series and I think the Seventh Tower series if you want to read them. But Abhorsen is my favorite. My fav. book is Liriel but that's because I read it first- out of order.

Chelsea said...

I read your blog faithfully and all the time, but rarely comment. Don't let that deter you from posting! I love reading aboot you and what's going on.

Love you!

Unknown said...

You're only just reading the Abhorsen books? I thought you were reading them while i was there! Goodness girl! But they're awesome aren't they? I really liked them. I'll have to get myself a copy some time soon. And whoever Lex-a-roo is, you should take werf up on the offer of the Keys to the Kingdom series. Another really good one