Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Upping the Numbers

So, it is my last day here in Canada and I am doing something so fulfilling - I am upping my count. Yes, that's right, I am watching more movies. I really like watching movies and that is about all there is to do here in Small Town Alberta anyway. Right now I am watching The Happening. I know that some people have said it was crappy, but as a neuro-scientist I still wanted to watch it to see how they justified everything.

Things are going well other than that. I have been having a good time here and as much as I am ready to go home I am surprised because it came really fast. Like, really fast. Time always does this weird stand-still/fly-by thing whenever I am home. I think that makes sense so I am not going to explain it. If you are confused then just chalk it up to me being weird and ignore it.

I still have to pack. I went to Lethbridge to visit a friend from High School today, and then Jess and I went to a movie (7 Pounds - it was super good, and no, I did not cry). After we left the movie I was thinking about the things I had to do tomorrow and it hit me that I had to catch a flight tomorrow! I haven't even started thinking about packing yet. This is going to take some work. But I don't want to do it. I wish it would pack itself. Blech.

Anyway, I guess I should sign off for now. I am trying to watch this movie and it is getting really weird (what a shocker - it is a Shyamalan movie) and I kinda want to pay attention so I can complain about how crappy it was later. My next update will be from Oregon! Woo!

1 comment:

Lex-a-roo said...

I'm so glad you'll be back soon. I HATED the Happening with a capital 'H'. I made Barlow take it right back to the store after we watched it because I couldn't stand it's very presence within the same house I was sleeping in. I have seen the aftermath of too many suicides in my work as an RT. I can't stand it...I had nightmares and I couldn't sleep for 2 days after watching it. So how correct scientifically - nero wise is it?