Tuesday, November 06, 2007

6Things of Me

The rules of the game should be posted at the beginning of the post. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I dislike silence. I would love to have the radio playing or the TV on or some sort of background noise whereever I go than have to be in silence. Not that I hate silence, that is not exactly right, I just like noise. I think it stems from me thinking my house was haunted when I was little and always having the music on so I couldn't hear the strange sounds from elsewhere in the house. Or maybe I just love music. Whatever the case, I feel better when there is background noise.

2. I don't like to make decisions. Most of you who know me know that this is a very true statement. It is not that I can't make a decision, but it is just that if I don't have an opinion about where we eat dinner and someone else does than why should I deprive them for no good reason. The problem is there are a lot of things I don't have an opinion on and other people get a little annoyed. Oh well, c'est la vie.

3. I love knitting! That might be obvious from other posts on this same blog, but it is true. And maybe I am just an old lady at heart, but I don't care, I love it anyway. I took a sewing class in high school and I loved that too. I think I just like making things.

4. I love writing. I think secretly I have always wanted to be a writer, but I am afraid that if I try to do it as a career then I will start to hate it because I HAVE to do it.

5. I have low self esteem. This sounds kinda cliche I think, but it is true. I think I am okay at things, like knitting and writing, but I know I am not the best (I am not even close to the best really). I would rather not try very hard at something (like writing) than try my hardest and fail and prove to myself that I suck. I figure that if I don't try very hard and I fail then it wasn't my best anyway, so it isn't actual failure. I hate this about myself, but I can't stop it.

6. I don't have emotions. Well, obviously that one isn't true but I don't get worked up about stuff almost at all. I am very even tempered and logical - to the point that I seem to not have emotions. At my last job this was the running joke because in 2 and half years working there I never got emotional. That can be a good thing, because who wants a bunch of emotional nut jobs running around at their job? But still, I didn't get homesick even though I was about 900 miles from home, I didn't get all emotional about dating or my friends. Even when I was leaving that same job I didn't get emotional because it was just another step in life, not something to cry about. I can't decide if this is a good thing or not.

Now a note about the preceding. This list took me a bit to come up with because I didn't want it to be all stupid things or obvious things like "I have blue eyes," but I didn't want to pretend that I was being all profound or that I was deep or anything (which would be a lie after number 6 eh?) Also, it says to 'tag' 6 other bloggers but I really don't know that many people who blog (sad isn't it?) and the ones that I do know who blog I wouldn't want to tag. I did this more for my benefit (and the benefit for my two readers) than for the whole pass it on thing. Sorry, but that is just how I work. I won't forward on your emails either, no matter how many years of bad luck in love I will get for it (thinking back though ... that does explain a few things!)

Until tomorrow then!

No comments: