Friday, November 02, 2007

3D movies ...

.... and other things that I can't believe haven't caught on more in life.

I love 3D movies. They have had 3D movies at places like Disneyland and Disneyworld for a long long time. I am not sure exactly how long, but for a while I think. So why hasn't this caught on more in the mainstream? I mean, even now you have to go to a special showing of a special movie that is only playing in certain theatres before you can see a movie in 3D - but it is so cool! I want to see every movie in 3D. It would make things more realistic and maybe people wouldn't be so desensitized to violence and stuff if it was all in 3 dimensions and popping off the page every time you go to the theatre. Not to mention, the idea of going to the movies is losing steam - people are doing it less and less because you can just wait a few months and get it on DVD to watch in your house. Well, if I knew that the movie in the theatre was going to be different from the one that I just saw in my home than I would make more of an effort to go to the actual theatre!

Another thing that I am surprised hasn't caught on more in life is radio controllers for your car right on your steering wheel. I know that you can get that as a feature in certain vehicles, but for how awesome it is it is still surprisingly rare. For one thing, not having to lean over to mess with the controls every time that song you like comes on and you have to turn it up, or that song you hate comes on and you have to change the channel would be great. So much safer. And I am lazy so the lack of effort needed is nice too.

So those are two things that I think are great and should become more mainstream. And that's all that I have to say about that ... for now.

No comments: